Nate Smith’s Optimal Auto Care is a premier independent BMW repair shop in Santa Cruz County. We are conveniently located just off Highway 1 in the middle of the county, easily accessible from Aptos, Watsonville, and Scotts Valley. We have been in business 29 years, and we specialize in servicing BMW, Audi, Mini Cooper & Volkswagen. We utilize all the latest technology and computerized (factory) diagnostic systems. We always specialize in the absolute newest models, which continually add to our long history of working with the now classic models. As a BOSCH Authorized Car Service Center, we have the experience, equipment, training and expertise to repair and service these fine automobiles.
Nate Smith’s Optimal Auto Care is a Certified Monterey Bay Green Business. We were the first auto repair business to obtain this rigorous certification.
Nate Smith is the founding President of BIMRS (BMW Independent Maintenance and Repair Specialists), an international association of the top BMW shops. He leads a team of highly trained & certified technicians who diagnose the most complex vehicle systems in use today! We all share a passion for fine European automobiles.
Nate Smith’s Optimal Auto Care has customers that come to us from near and far. We have customers that have been doing business with Nate for over 30 years, beginning when he was the Service Manager for the BMW dealership in Santa Cruz. Why? Because we’ve earned a reputation for being an exceptionally honest repair facility that charges fair prices and does excellent work. We know that trust is a major factor in the relationship between a repair facility and an automobile owner, and we make every effort to earn the trust of our customers everyday. But don’t take our word for it talk with any of our many customers – our reputation speaks for itself!
Changes to our procedures due to Coronavirus:
Nate Smith’s Optimal Auto Care is open. Auto Repair has been designated as an Essential Business in the County quarantine order so we will stay open.
But, we are committed to KEEPING OUR CUSTOMERS SAFE. Here’s what we are doing:
- Disinfecting All Keys and Cars before and after service
- Frequently Sanitizing the Office
- Technicians use new gloves for every car
- Use of clean car kit, with seat cover, floor cover, steering wheel cover, gear shift cover and parking brake cover – on every car
- All Communication can be done over phone, by email or by text
- We can accept Payment Over The Phone
- You can use our No-Contact Drop Box to drop off your car
- You can even use our FREE Vehicle Pick Up and Drop Off *
Call us with any questions or to schedule your appointment.
Stay safe and wash your hands – we’ll get through this together!
* Some restrictions apply to free vehicle pickup. Call for more details.
Get In Touch
- Monday 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Tuesday 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Wednesday 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Thursday 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Friday 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day